Person McEvey, Dr Shane F.
Shane McEvey is a specialist taxonomist of the dipteran family Drosophilidae and has, through his own collecting, discovered hundreds of new drosophilid species in Madagascar, southern Africa, New Guinea, French Polynesia, Fiji, Samoa, Vanuatu and throughout tropical Australia.
6 College Street
Sydney NSW 2010 Australia
- McEvey, S. F., Results of Drosophilidae (Diptera) invertebrate fauna surveys of northeast NSW forests, East Forests Biodiversity Study (NEFBS), report no. 3d, New South Wales National Parks and Wildlife Service, Sydney, 1994. Details
- McEvey, S. F., and I. R. Bock, 'The Drosophilidae, Insecta: Diptera, of Iron Range, Queensland', Australian Journal of Zoology, vol. 30, no. 4, 1982, pp. 681-709. http://dx.doi.org/10.1071/ZO9820681. Details
- McEvey, S.F., 'Drosophilidae (Insecta: Diptera) of three Torres Strait islands, with description of a new species of Drosophila', Australian Journal of Zoology, vol. 29, 1982, pp. 907-919. http://dx.doi.org/10.1071/zo9810907. Details
- McEvey, S.F. and Barker, J.S.F, 'Scaptodrosophila aclinata: a new Hibiscus flower-breeding species related to S. hibisci (Diptera: Drosophilidae)', Records of the Australian Museum, vol. 53, 2001, pp. 255-262. http://dx.doi.org/10.3853/j.0067-1975.53.2001.1332#sthash.Utb12rfd.dpuf. Details
- McEvey, S.F.,, Drosophilidae (Diptera) of Northern Cape York Peninsula, Cape York Peninsula Scientific Expedition Report, Royal Geographic Society of Queensland Inc, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, 1994. Details
- Schiffer, Michele, and McEvey, Shane F., 'Drosophila bunnanda - a new species from northern Australia with notes on other Australian members of the montium subgroup (Diptera: Drosophilidae)', Zootaxa, no. 1333, 2006, pp. 1-23. http://www.mapress.com/zootaxa/2006f/z01333p023f.pdf. Details